4/8/08

Mixed message

update on: papal visit '08
Pope sends advance message to US: source
message opens with this:
"Vatican, Apr. 8, 2008 (CWNews.com) - Pope Benedict XVI (bio - news) has released a message to the people of the United States, in preparation for his trip to America next week."
"In his message the Holy Father says that he is coming to the US to proclaim that "Jesus Christ is hope for men and women of every language, race, culture, and social condition.""
and closes with this:
"Dear brothers and sisters, dear friends in the United States, I am very much looking forward to being with you. I want you to know that, even if my itinerary is short, with just a few engagements, my heart is close to all of you, especially to the sick, the weak, and the lonely. I thank you once again for your prayerful support of my mission. I reach out to every one of you with affection, and I invoke upon you the maternal protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary."
"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" (1 Tim. 2:5)
So which will it be? The Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, or the "maternal protection" of Mary? And, as to being "invoked upon"...nooo thanks!
---------------------------------------------
Then one said unto him (Jesus), Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But he (Jesus) answered and said unto him that told him,
Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother." (Matt. 12:47-50)

No comments :