1/29/08

A Warning To Apostates

by WILLIAM BRIDGE, M.A. (1600?-1674)

A Warning To Apostates: "Remember Lot's wife." LUKE xvii. 32.
(excerpted)
"If you would not look back in declining times, be sure of this, that you do not run a share or a part in the vessel that God is about to destroy. Where my grief is, there is my finger; where my love is, there is my eye. If I have a share and a part in the vessel that God is about to destroy, I shall look after the vessel, what becomes thereof. Why now, Babylon, that art to be destroyed, Babylon is not to repent; Babylon that art to be destroyed, Babylon is not to be reformed. Wash dirt an hundred times, and you cannot make clean the dirt; Babylon is not to be reformed, but to be destroyed. Take heed therefore of running a part or a share in the boat or vessel that God hath laid out for destruction; for if you have a part and a share there, you will look back. But,"

Read full: Lot's Wife
---------------------------------------------------
A wonderful, timeless message from days past. Well worth taking the time to carefully read and meditate upon this powerful exhortation.