9/17/23

William Tyndale First English Bible Printed 1525 A.D. - 1937 Documentary [Then Martyred]; *Amazing Old Footage (Video)

Wiliam Tyndale - Translated it, then printed it - the First Bible Ever Printed In English 1525 - Martyred For It [1937 Documentary - *amazing old footage ..full screen recommended]

vidlink
Video embed code [adjust height/width as needed]:

<iframe src="https://www.bitchute.com/embed/fM7xPkA7t9uk/" width="550" height="309"</iframe>

__________________________________________________

Source of video/credit: Canada 150 Archive [Youtube]

(Above video brightened audio volume increased from source video, viewability improved)

***
"It began first in an old school in England where a young man named William Tyndale was studying. He was a good Greek scholar and had read the New Testament in the very language in which it was written. It had come to mean so much to him that he wanted it to mean something to all the people around him.

One day some students were talking about all this new interest in the Bible, and one man said very positively: "The Bible is not necessary. It is all foolishness to talk about translating it into English for the people to read. All they need is the word of the pope. We had better be without God's laws than the pope's laws!"

William Tyndale rose from his chair, and striking his clenched fist on the table shouted, "I defy the pope and all his laws; and, if God spares me, I will one day make the boy that drives the plow in England to know more of the Scriptures than the pope does!"

It was not an idle boast. William Tyndale went right to work to make an English Bible that all the people could read. A rich merchant, Humphrey Monmouth, gave him his home to work in and day and night he worked, hoping some publisher would print it when he had it ready..."  see: Story of Tyndale



1st edition Tyndale 1525 - Out of the control of the Catholic Church ..out
of the Greek and Latin - into the hands of the people ..printed in their own
language English for widespread distribution. For the first time in history.
 
[click to enlarge]

***
See also: "KJV-only"

Martyred (hanged, body burned) for it; see: https://anothervoicerev184.blogspot.com/2008/02/bible-history-one-who-strove.html  [link (vid)]


[video alternate link: here]

Rev. 18:4
__________________________________________________

2 Timothy 2:9 'Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound'

1 comment :

natalia frolova said...

https://hymnary.org/text/i_lay_my_sins_on_jesus
Author: Horatius Bonar

1 I lay my sins on Jesus,
the spotless Lamb of God;
he bears them all, and frees us
from the accursed load.
I bring my guilt to Jesus,
to wash my crimson stains
white in his blood most precious,
till not a spot remains.

2 I lay my wants on Jesus;
all fullness dwells in him;
he heals all my diseases,
my soul he does redeem.
I lay my griefs on Jesus,
my burdens and my cares;
he from them all releases,
he all my sorrows shares.

3 I rest my soul on Jesus,
this weary soul of mine;
his right hand me embraces,
I in his arms recline.
I love the name of Jesus,
Immanuel, Christ, the Lord;
like fragrance on the breezes
his name abroad is poured.

4 I long to be like Jesus,
meek, loving, lowly, mild;
I long to be like Jesus,
the Father's holy child.
I long to be with Jesus
amid the heav'nly throng,
to sing with saints his praises,
to learn the angels' song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha9t5Bhm3gY

Hymns of Grace